Tuesday 5 October 2010

Press Release




I am delighted to share this press release that has gone out this morning. I was informed of my selection late yesterday. My family as ever are very supportive of my decision to stand and I would like to place on record at this very early stage my sincere gratitude.

MEDIA NOTICE


Aberconwy Lib Dems


Having polled more votes than Plaid Cymru in the recent General Election, Aberconwy Libdems are targeting the Plaid held Aberconwy seat for the Welsh Assembly.

The result of their candidate poll was announced late on Monday with local Councillor Mike Priestley of Llandudno Junction selected with the overwhelming support of Liberal Democrat members.

Mike more than doubled the vote, gained by the Libdems in the last Assembly Election in Aberconwy and supporters are confident that with the retirement of popular Plaid AM Gareth Jones that they can also obtain more votes than Plaid at the Assembly election to be held on Thursday, May 5 2011.

Mike holds the Conwy County Borough Council Environment portfolio and was recently elected a Foundation Governor, representing north Wales, of Liverpool's highly esteemed Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery.

5 comments:

  1. May I be the first online comment to congratulate you Mike.
    I have decided to support you in any way I can. I believe that you have been an excellent and hard working councillor in the Marl Ward and supportive of all areas in the Conwy Borough,
    I have no doubt that you will make an excellent AM.
    Good luck Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike I was to spiteful with my comments about you after the Gen Election. They were unjust and well i do feel a tad guilty about them. Good luck with your Election. I hope its a nice clean and fun one. See you on the Streets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Biggles, I certainly will not be "Dirty" but will defend myself against unjust remarks. Your comment means a lot to me.
    Thanks

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Mike I know you work hard and are a fair man.

    ReplyDelete