Wednesday 12 January 2011

Marl Ward Election

A few comments on the blog regarding the candidates in the Marl Ward election next Thursday 20th January. I refuse to be drawn into criticising the candidates.

The only candidate I endorse is Susan Shotter, together I believe we would be an effective and hard working pair for the Residents of Marl and I believe the residents deserve this. I can say this because I know Sue and have worked with her for some time now, she is enthusiastic, keen, intelligent and like me wants to make a positive difference in the ward and the County, Sue is a peoples person who listens and that in itself is a quality, she also has a determination to help people.

I hope this clears up my view on the matter and why I endorse her.

7 comments:

  1. I am pleased that you and Susan Shotter are both entering this election on such a positive note. I hate it when politicians have nothing nice to say about their opponents.
    I like the thought that Susan Shotter lives in the ward so she realises what is happening.
    Good luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. worth pointng out that Jason Landy also lives in the ward and Julie Fallon lives only around the corner from Sue Shotter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike.is there a reason why sue didnt apply for the unpaid town councillor for marl ward which was won by julie fallon.jason landy also showed the commitment required by applying although he was unsuccesful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes because we had another candidate apply and really wanted to get in and I believe would have been great for Marl or Pensarn. We felt that the conservative led Town Council would not vote in 2 Libdems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have thought two applicants would have given you a better chance of landing at least one of the seats? All of the councillors had a vote each.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand that the Sue Shotter campaign is going well with a very positive response to the canvass and the FOCUS leaflets. Really hope that there will be a good turn out on Thursday. After they have campaigned in gale force winds and torrential rain Sue and the others deserve a good turnout !

    ReplyDelete
  7. i also saw jason landy and julie fallon canvassing in the same day.Both were soaked to the skin,it has to be said that both looked a little happier about it all than Sue....

    ReplyDelete