Sunday 24 October 2010

Wedding Anniversary

Today my wife and I will celebrate 17 years of Marriage and according to tradition I need to celebrate this with a gift. I googled 17 year anniversary and it came up with two gift ideas. A traditional gift should be a watch or a modern gift of a piece of Furniture. So god only knows how today will pan out.

It scares me how 17 years have flown by, but on the whole they have been 17 good years with two beautiful girls coming into the world because of our marriage. It makes me feel very proud as they are both a credit to my wife and I (even though sometimes they call me Mike instead of dad). Call me old fashioned but when I said the vows "In sickness and in health til death do we part" I meant them.

I also find myself today thinking of my of my late Mum.

Today will be a celebration of our marriage. Lorraine wants to start off by going to the food festival in Conwy to buy some good local produce for dinner tonight with our two girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment